Thursday, 3 mi
Saturday, spin class + 2.5 mi
My heart and mind are with the families and the community in Newtown, CT.
It has been a nice week of working and enjoying time with my husband. It is so fun to have him home, especially with the holiday season in full swing. Tonight we are having an ugly Christmas sweater party to welcome Kevin back into town. The treats and sweaters should be very unique.
Another yummy meal I enjoyed was sushi at the restaurant Hana. Everyone pays a flat rate of $20 and you can order as many sushi rolls, appetizers, entrees, and desserts as you like. I think our waitress was pretty sick of dealing with our multiple orders. It was just so good! I had a green tea ice cream for dessert that was legit.
I have been working on moderation when it comes to holiday treats and parties. Working in a school, it feels like 2 full weeks of goodies everywhere! I would like to maintain a healthy weight and healthy habits for the next few weeks. Here are some ideas I try when I’m partying it up.
- Drink water all day and evening. If you are having alcohol, try a glass of water between drinks to limit the calories and keep you feeling fresh.
- Have something to eat before you go. Try something healthy and filling like a sweet potato, or cottage cheese. I always slip up when I get really hungry.
- Don’t feel like you need to try everything. Pick a few things that look amazing to you and stick to small portions.
- Enjoy the conversation and holiday games after eating. Try to stop snacking once you are full.
- Wear something on the tighter side, instead of a baggy dress or top. This will keep you aware of overeating.
- Pick your favorite dessert and ENJOY it!
How do you stay healthy during the holidays?
Anyone else love sushi!?